Subhakar Rao Biography
Subhakar Rao Surapaneni is the founder of Champions Group. This biography of Subhakar Rao provides detailed information about his childhood, life, achievements, works & timeline.
|Alias:||Subhakar Rao (Stanley Rao)|
|Date of Birth:||September 22, 1971|
|Place of Birth:||Vijaywada|
|Founder of:||Champions Group|
|Net Worth:||$ 150 Million|
Subhakar Rao has over two decades of experience in leading marketing and sales teams in the marketing technologies sector. After completing his education at BITS Pilani in India and then at Wayne State University in USA, he established his own entrepreneurial chain of companies under the umbrella brand of Champions Group.
His companies now deal in varieties of industries including travel and hospitality, data operations, digital marketing, infrastructure and real estate, communications, marketing technologies, and many more. But to talk about the man, Subhakar Rao himself is a brand to be reckoned with around the world. A dynamic personality, innovative mindset, and foremost his never let go attitude puts him ahead of all the leaders in his generation.
Apart from being CEO and Chairman of his own Group, Mr. Rao now also heads the popular think-tank SMEI (Sales and Marketing Executives International) in India, which consists of hundreds of new and veteran top guns in marketing and sales from 30+ countries.
- He completed his schooling as a gold medalist from St. John’s High School, Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
- He completed his first graduation degree from Loyola College, Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh, again with top marks in his batch
- He took an interest in Computer Science and completed his second bachelor’s degree in the same from BITS, Pilani, one of the three leading research institutes in India. He was the only student to complete his course in 6 months’ advance.
- His excellent performance in BITS led to an opportunity to study in USA, where he completed his Master’s Degree from Wayne State University through a Practicum program.
- His first entrepreneurial venture was his biggest success. Champions Group, his dream project, now employs over 3000 employees in diverse industrial sectors across 108 countries.
- A philanthropist who co-founded ‘The Subhakar Rao Surapaneni Foundation’ and ‘The Champions Trust & Charitable Foundation’ with pivotal focus on charitable activities and establishment of educational institutions.
- Has Launched Champions Yacht Club, a premium yachting and boating service company based in Goa, India. Champions Yacht Club offers all kinds of corporate events, private parties and exciting water sports activities.
- Started Champions entertainment in the year 2006, and has achieved an amazing growth in the span of 4 years by topping number-1 among best Bangalore’s event management companies
- Author of “The New Frontiers of Marketing” and “The New Frontiers of Nautical World” and has delivered numerous Keynote sessions.
- CSR Activities – Initiated a number of campaigns such as blood donations camp, Go Green Run initiative, Akshayapatra programs (2016) and Cycle Day
Awards & Achievements:
- He has been elected as the Chairman of Sales and Marketing Executives International (SMEI), a major corporate think-tank based in India, which heads hundreds of new and veteran sales and marketing leaders across 30 countries.
- His name has appeared in Forbes as one of the Top 100 Game Changers in Marketing around the world, and in Marketing Times’ 100 Most Influential Global Sales and Marketing Technology Leaders
- His book on leading marketing strategies, ‘The New Frontiers of Marketing’, released in 2016.